Seasons greetings everyone. I just want to take the time to thank every one of you for all your support over the years. I wouldn’t have been able to continue writing on this blog if not for all your kind words and encouragement. So I really appreciate it!
The high inflation rates have forced the Bank of Canada to aggressively raise interest rates. This is the same story across the globe. As a result, the stock market has been extremely volatile throughout 2023.
It’s more important than ever to ignore the day to day noises and focus on the long term. Rome wasn’t built in one day and neither should your investment portfolio!
Remember, time in the market is far more important than timing the market!!!
With that said, here are some articles I’ve written from 2023 that I really enjoyed writing:
- Is short-termism hurting your investment?
- Dividend growth – looking back 12 years and looking forward
- Should I consider investing in Disney?
- How much do you need to retire early at age 40, 45, 50 or 55?
- Does it make sense to invest US dividend stocks in TFSA?
- What to do with a $5 million windfall
- Do we have enough to live off dividends? A case study
- How to determine if a stock is expensive or not?
- What if you run out of life? Save-Spend balance
- 1H 2023 dividend portfolio review – Part 1
- 1H 2023 dividend portfolio review – Part 2
- 1H 2023 dividend portfolio review – Part 3
- What is the optimum number of stocks to have in a portfolio?
- My investment mistakes & failures
- Why patience is a virtue in investing
- Are split-shares safe for building a dividend portfolio?
Did you miss reading any of them? Feel free to read through them during the holidays.
I encourage everyone to take some time off and enjoy it with your family and friends. Our time on Earth is too short, we need to cherish every single moment.
Happy holidays everyone!