Reasons to be thankful
Today is Canadian Thanksgiving. Yes we Canadians are a bit backward hence we celebrate Thanksgiving a month earlier than Americans. I guess this is what we get for playing hockey all year round, riding polar bears to work, and calling igloos for home.
For the past week, we have been telling Baby T1.0 that Thanksgiving is coming and that we would have a Thanksgiving dinner with my parents (agon & ama as they are called in Taiwanese). A few days ago Baby T1.0 asked me what Thanksgiving is.
Daddy what is Thanksgiving?
Thanksgiving is a day that we say thanks to people in our lives that have helped us and say thanks for having food on our table every day.
But daddy why?
Because not everyone have food to eat every day. How would you feel if you can’t have dinner because we have no food?
I would not like that.
It was interesting explaining what Thanksgiving is to Baby T1.0. At almost 4 years old, he is asking more and more questions and trying to understand what these holidays are. Christmas remains his favourite holiday. 🙂
Having a short conversation with Baby T1.0 made me wonder… what am I thankful for? What are my reasons to be thankful?
Reasons to be thankful
Here are a few of my reasons to be thankful. 🙂
- I am thankful for my health. Without my good health I wouldn’t be able to do things that I enjoy every day.
- I am thankful for my wonderful, supportive wife. She is my rock. She is my sunshine.
- I am thankful for my two wonderful kids.
- I am thankful for my family and friends.
- I am thankful that my kids jump up and down in excitement when I come home from work every day.
- I am thankful for having a challenging job that I enjoy.
- I am thankful for having healthy and delicious food on the table every day.
- I am thankful for having the ability to help others in need by donating money to charities every month.
- I am thankful for having the ability to help people in need by donating blood regularly.
- I am thankful for having a financial epiphany which triggered our financial independence journey.
- I am thankful for receiving multiple pay cheques every month.
- I am thankful for hot water when showering every morning.
- I am thankful for coffee.
- I am thankful for flush toilets
- I am thankful for seeing the world both for work and for personal vacations.
- I am thankful for the awesome personal finance community
- Finally I am thankful for having great readers that keep coming back to read this blog.
I asked what Baby T1.0 is thankful for. He pondered for a while then said.
I am thankful for daddy, mommy, and Baby T2.0. Thank you for giving me hugs and kisses everyday.
Parenting is hard work that requires you to be on 24/7. But moments like this, it makes parenting so worth while.
On a day of being thankful, it is important to reflect on your life and determine your reasons to be thankful. Take a few minutes and say thanks to people in your life that have made who you are today.
Then take the next step by practicing gratitude every day.
Dear readers, what are your reasons to be thankful?