I hope everyone’s enjoying the holidays and spending a lot of time with their families.
2022 has been a great year for Tawcan.com and I want to thank all the readers that are following our FI journey. Thank you for all your support, I really appreciate it.
As we’re enjoying the holidays, here are the best of Tawcan from 2022. Enjoy!
- Relax, it’s OK to slow down – it’s not just about the constant growth and making money through your side hustles. It’s OK to slow down and relax from time to time!
- Should I invest in high-yield dividend stocks? Dividend yield vs. growth – should you build your dividend portfolio only on high dividend yield stocks? Or should you focus on dividend stocks that have high dividend growth? When it comes down to it, there are many variables that can determine the right mix for you.
- Be an owner – I truly believe to be a good investor you need to be an owner and think like one.
- Learning from my own investment mistakes – I’ve made my share of investment mistakes over the years. It’s important to learn from these mistakes so you don’t keep making the same ones over and over.
- Die with zero – Does it make sense – As we get closer to our FI goal, I think it’s more and more important to learn about spending money to enjoy the present moment. It’s also essential to think about the “time-bucket” and figure out what I’d love to experience.
- Dividend tax drags – foreign withholding taxes for dividend stocks & equity ETFs – Having to pay the 15% withholding tax can be a drag. How do you minimize the withholding tax on dividends and ETF distributions?
- The stock market is crashing – what we’re doing in the midst of uncertainties and stock market volatility.
- Reviewing every dividend stock transaction between 2020 – 2022 – The best way to learn how to invest is to actually invest with real money. It is also a good idea to review all stock transactions and determine what you have done well and most importantly, not so well, so you can learn from them.
- Should I hedge? Hedged vs. unhedged ETFs in Canada – Should one invest in hedged ETFs? Or why not?
- Earning options income with dividend stocks – how to earn extra income by trading options on dividend stocks you already own.
- Re-examine our financial independence plans – re-visiting our FI plans and figuring out our bucket approach.
- 40 lessons I’ve learned after 40 years – boy, hard to believe I turned 40 in 2022.
- Do we have enough to retire in 2023 – The short answer is no but we’re getting pretty close to being able to live off dividends.
- The retirement landscape in Canada – how you might want to build your investment portfolio if you’re getting close to retirement.
- Why dividend investing works for us – there are many reasons why dividend investing works for us. Find out our reasons.
- A Letter to young investors – don’t be scared of the market volatility, remember, time is your biggest ally when you’re young.
Enjoy the last few days of 2022 and here’s to a great 2023 ahead!