I came across this the other day which I thought was absolutely amazing and can't agree more.
As we grow older, and hence wiser, we slowly realize that wearing a $3,000 or a $30.00 watch doesn't matter -- they both tell the same time. Whether we carry a $3,000 or a $30.00 wallet/handbag -- the amount of money inside is the same. Whether we drink a bottle of $300 or $10 wine -- the hangover is the same. Whether the house we live in is 500 or 3,000 sq. ft. -- loneliness is the same.
You will realize, your true inner happiness does not come from the material things of this world.
Therefore, I hope you realize, when you have mates, buddies and old friends, brothers and sisters, who you chat with, laugh with, talk with, have sung songs with, talk about north-south-east-west or heaven and earth-- That is true happiness!!
SIX UNDENIABLE FACTS OF LIFE:
- Don't educate your children to be rich. Educate them to be Happy. So when they grow up they will know the value of things not the price.
- Best awarded words: "Eat your food as your medicines. Otherwise, you will have to eat medicines as your food."
- The One who loves you will never leave you because even if there are 100 reasons to give up, he or she will find one reason to hold on.
- There is a big difference between a human being and being human. Only a few really understand it.
- You are loved when you are born. You will be loved when you die. In between, You have to manage!
- If you just want to Walk Fast, Walk Alone! But if you want to Walk Far, Walk Together!
SIX BEST DOCTORS IN THE WORLD:
- Self Confidence and
- Friend. Maintain them in all stages of Life and enjoy a healthy life.
The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.
The last few weeks I happened to get rides on some really luxury sport cars such as Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, and Audi. Yes they were VERY nice cars, way nicer than the one I drive. I found myself admiring the luxurious interiors and the comfortable leather seats. In addition, I was amazed how quiet it was inside these cars and how awesome the audio systems sounded. I also experience super fast acceleration.
Do I feel jealous and want to own one of these luxury cars?
Not really, even though I can buy one in cash if I sold some of our investment portfolio.
To me, cars just get me from point A to point B. I don't care about the extra stuff. To me, I am better off understanding what creates happiness for me.
Money isn't the solution for all our problems. Having lots of money doesn't automatically result in an extraordinary life. Money is just one of the many tools we have in life.
Speaking of life lessons, watch this amazing short video from Victoria Labalme talking about risk forward and unlock your hidden genius.
Don't worry, the regular financial independence/investing related posts will resume shortly. 🙂